Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Replacemet 880 Fog light bulb in Red???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Replacemet 880 Fog light bulb in Red???

Anyone know of a decent replacement bulb in red for the fog lights in Formulas? I never use my fog lamp, hell, I barely ever drive my car at night. But, I thought it would be cool to change my bulbs to red, as the rest of my bulbs are red. I would not use them on the roads or anything. So, I know they'd be illegal, just a cosmetic thing.

I don't care if they're LED or regular filament.
Old 07-12-2012, 07:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

X2 on this.
I'd like some that shoot like a laser lite.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You probably won't find them because they would be illegal.

If you do find them for sale, they will be on the shelf next to the razor wire-lined cribs, safety-less nail guns, and the bags-o-glass:
Old 07-13-2012, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It be cool if I can use my fog light area to mount paint ball guns...

OP - a red LED is on your only possibility.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

I would prefer idiot seeking missiles for rush hour driving.

There are a couple of places selling red 880 LED bulbs. Just Google "880 red LED".

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 07-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess some of you guys have hard time reading my post. I never plan on using them while driving. I just wanted them as a cosmetic thing, for pictures, ect...

I find it funny that when a person makes a post about tinting his/her tail lights 20 guys post how tos, even though it's illegal.

I'm also pretty sure switchbacks are illegal as well. But, people also find a way to use them on the street as well. Something I had no plans of doing.

Whatever....
Old 07-13-2012, 08:57 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by Black_Z28
I guess some of you guys have hard time reading my post. I never plan on using them while driving. I just wanted them as a cosmetic thing, for pictures, ect...

I find it funny that when a person makes a post about tinting his/her tail lights 20 guys post how tos, even though it's illegal.

I'm also pretty sure switchbacks are illegal as well. But, people also find a way to use them on the street as well. Something I had no plans of doing.

Whatever....
Oh - You mean you'd take them out and put the whites back in? If so, I feel safe to go back out on the road.

If you want a temporary effect, why not just put a disc of mylar or red tape over the lens? (Like a stage light.) It may not end up good, but it would be cheap and easy to try and less work than changing the bulbs.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never use my fog lamp, hell, I barely ever drive my car at night. I would not use them on the roads or anything. So, I know they'd be illegal, just a cosmetic thing.

Originally Posted by wssix99
Oh - You mean you'd take them out and put the whites back in? If so, I feel safe to go back out on the road.

If you want a temporary effect, why not just put a disc of mylar or red tape over the lens? (Like a stage light.) It may not end up good, but it would be cheap and easy to try and less work than changing the bulbs.
Yeah, I'll just post what I actually typed to begin with, maybe you'll read it this time.

Hell, I'll do it twice. I never use my Fog Lamps while driving my car. That's even if I ever drive my car at night. Which I haven't done in a few years. It's a car that's only driven maybe once or twice a month.

So, having legal lights has no bearing on my question.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:19 AM
Save the manuals!

I never use my Fog Lamps while driving my car.
My expectation was that, even if you don't "use" them, you aren't legal if they are installed. That may not be the case with fog lights since they aren't required for all cars. I'm not sure if there is a provision for use of the lights or if its based on what's installed.

I'm always go extra cautious so I don't give them an excuse to call in the K9.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wssix99
My expectation was that, even if you don't "use" them, you aren't legal if they are installed. That may not be the case with fog lights since they aren't required for all cars. I'm not sure if there is a provision for use of the lights or if its based on what's installed.

I'm always go extra cautious so I don't give them an excuse to call in the K9.
I'm not exactly worried about them somehow noticing that I have red LEDs in my fog lap housings. That'd be a helluva eye. They'd be much more likely to pull me over for no front plate, tinted tail lights, loud exhaust....no cats, tinted windows, ect...

So, I'll just keep searching for something. Thanks for all the help.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Anyone know of a decent replacement bulb in red for the fog lights in Formulas? I never use my fog lamp, hell, I barely ever drive my car at night. But, I thought it would be cool to change my bulbs to red, as the rest of my bulbs are red. I would not use them on the roads or anything. So, I know they'd be illegal, just a cosmetic thing.

I don't care if they're LED or regular filament.
OK let me just go ahead and say it one more time. RED AND BLUE LIGHTS ARE ILLEGAL, as in AGAINST THE LAW!! did ya get that son?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ and? Its his car, go be a dick somewhere else.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

id kinda like to see it also
Old 07-15-2012, 12:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jsteele90
^^ and? Its his car, go be a dick somewhere else.
and it's people like you that make things so enjoyable. You must be one of the smart ones. LMAO.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ why yes i am. Thanks for noticing!
Old 07-15-2012, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1121
OK let me just go ahead and say it one more time. RED AND BLUE LIGHTS ARE ILLEGAL, as in AGAINST THE LAW!! did ya get that son?
It's also illegal to drive around with no cats...but I'm sure there's a lot of people on this board that do it.

Hell, I'm thinking your car would fail a sniffer test with that cam.

It's also illegal to get a huge cowl hood on a car, then drive it around on the street.

People for some reason drive around town and spray their cars, just for ***** and giggles. Geee, I wonder if they know it's illegal?

I still find it hard to understand why people seem to drive in that it's illegal. When in my first post I noted that it was illegal. I'm aware of the law that having red bulbs in my fog lamps are illegal. I'm not explaining it again, if you have such a hard time reading, then me writing it again won't help you as you try to wander aimlessly through life.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to have some that would shoot a 60'-100' laser.

Quick Reply: Replacemet 880 Fog light bulb in Red???