Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What is this? Electrical problem

Old 04-03-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What is this? Electrical problem

I have a clicking, sounds like contacts opening and closing, coming from this box every 10 seconds or so with the ignition switch on. What is this box and what is the clicking. Recently started this noise. I think you can see in the pic that it's located just behind the glove box.
http://www.mustangmods.com/data/440/mvc033s.jpg

Last edited by Larry; 04-03-2004 at 02:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2004, 08:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that box is part of the air bag system. I would think if it was making a noise, it throw up a warning light. One other thing to look at is the hvac blower behind it. I had a clicking coming from the same spot, it ends up it was leaves that had founf their way through my cowl, into the blower assembly.
Old 04-03-2004, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by richieg
that box is part of the air bag system. I would think if it was making a noise, it throw up a warning light. One other thing to look at is the hvac blower behind it. I had a clicking coming from the same spot, it ends up it was leaves that had founf their way through my cowl, into the blower assembly.
I feel sure it's this box because I can feel the vibration with my hand on it when it clicks. I have the passenger air bag out and have been running a resistor in it's place for several years.

I get no air bag light.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wish I knew, I checked my haynes manual & found nothing about ur particular problem. Wish I could help more. Good luck.

Search this Thread