Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need Help Picking Out Front Door Speakers 97 T/A Monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Picking Out Front Door Speakers 97 T/A Monsoon

Basically as the title says I need some recommendations on front door replacements for the monsoon system. I just ordered replacement bazookas for the sail panels from a vendor on here. I got a Pioneer DEH-4400HD head unit. I'm looking for something where I don't have to completely re-wire anything. I don't mind splicing the new speakers into existing harness. Thanks for any help.

Last edited by Phil424; 08-23-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get Rockford Fosgate P1652-S component speakers. I have these in my car with the stock head unit and they sound fantastic. The midrange speakers are a little underdriven being 4-Ohm instead of the factory 2-Ohm (however, 4-Ohm aftermarket is much closer to the efficiency of a 2-Ohm factory speaker than numbers would indicate), but with the bazooka subs you can boost the low end a little bit and it will be perfect.

I kept the crossover/filter thing from the factory head unit wired inline with the tweeter (they're in the door). The mids get their own connections. Even if your factory tweeters are fine (as mine were) use the new ones anyway as they are so much better than stock. When I bought them I didn't pay more than $100 for all 4 online, it seems a lot less people are selling them now though. The RF website now lists the P165-S, which may be its replacement.