Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help, headlights won't come on!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, headlights won't come on!

I took my car to this shady shop in town and they messed up my headlights and they wont come on but they deny it and claim they never touched any of the wiring but they obviously did something .The lights don't come on automatically when I take down the E break anymore like They used to. I try to turn the switch manually to make the headlights come on but the gauges light up, the fogs come on and the running lights come on but the headlights themselves won't come on either low beams or high beams. I put in a new dimmer switch to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. Before that I checked the fuses under the hood to check the headlights but the two slots next to the horn slot where the headlight fuses are supposed to go are empty. I take the fuses out of my friends Trans Am to put them into My Camaro but no luck but then I also noticed that his slot's have both pins on both sides for where the fuse plugs in and mine doesn't....i don't know if that matters and he said those slots are only for the Trans Am pop-up headlights. I heard there is a headlight relay under the dash behind the radio but could that really be the problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks -Alex
Old 12-04-2012, 09:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Relays and fuses are where you should check. Look at your actual connections on your lights too. Mine would sometimes come unplugged.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

All lights are plugged in and good. I did notice that they had taken the under steering wheel dash panel off because I have a V1 radar hard wired and the negative was not connected and was causing my radar not to come on....they probably didn't connect something back up like a negative or pulled something they weren't supposed to
Old 12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most likely they missed a connection somewhere.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:52 AM
TECH Resident

What did the shop actually do to your car??? That might help locate your wiring gremlin!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 AM
On The Tree

I went back to the shop and raised hell because I couldn't figure it out and I made them fix it in front of me and it turns out they pulled some wires when they were under there with the clutch pedal -_-

Quick Reply: Help, headlights won't come on!