Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Bypass Modules??

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass Modules??

I have installed my viper 5204 and everything works great except for the bypass module. I have an xpress kit 06 (XK06) module that doesnt require the key to be in it or the ring around the ignition, but its not working properly. Its programs the resistor code for the key but does nothing after that. My remote start will work if the key is in the ignition which tells me that its the bypass module that isn't working properly. I think it may be my best bet to find an bypass module that requires a key to be in it, so are there any good bypass module recommendations that I can get out there?
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Just measure the resistance of your key pellet with a multimeter then get a resistor (or combination of resistors) for a buck or two at Radio Shack. Instructions for doing the VATS bypass that way are all over this site and the web in general (here is one example: https://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-el...l#post13021355).

Quick Reply: Bypass Modules??