Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Double D Double Din Bezel has another sucessful install story

Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Double D Double Din Bezel has another sucessful install story

My DoubleD double din bezel looks great. The customer service is outstanding. The only problem I had is the brackets I got from them didnt line up with the factory mounting holes, so I was unable to screw the radio to the dash. I guess I got lucky, because between the brackets and the bezel, the radio doesnt move at all, but I do wish the holes would have lined up for the factory mounting points. I did have to remove the factory cage because the radio did sit up too high to get the bezel around the top of it.

All in all, I think it looks great. Really updates the look of the interior and has tons of great features. I cant remember the model number on it at the moment, but its the newer Pioneer with the bluetooth audio and Pandora.

Just thought I would share yet another sucessful Double D Bezel install.
Thanks
Old 03-31-2013, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same stereo I went with. Gawd I cant wait. Ordered mine last month.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

You will love it, even more so if you have an iphone. My bezel took about 10 weeks to get to me, but it was well worth the wait. The worse part is getting all the little plastic burrs cleaned out from trimming out the hole.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, I have an Android. I like that it has 2 hookups going in. The Ipod USB and Aux I figured I would use for my phone. Im not too worried about making it fit lol. Im just looking forward to getting rid of stock stereo lol.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:16 AM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

looks great!
Nice job on the installation as well.
Thanks again for your business!
Dennis
Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

Nice! I want one bad..butttt.. I am finicky about sound quality..and the 80prs pioneer seems to have better control than anything out there sub $600..so fighting with myself..do I sacrifice eq control heaven for touch screen..arggg I need the total control since Im running infinity 2 ohm speakers through stock amp. Without total freq control, I would have to upgrade, love the double d look though.

Last edited by rotwiler; 04-16-2013 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice deck, clean install, but 10 weeks....screw that. What took so damn long? I did exactly what they did to your bezel in about 2 hours work for the cost of a cheeseburger.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Nice! I want one bad..butttt.. I am finicky about sound quality..and the 80prs pioneer seems to have better control than anything out there sub $600..so fighting with myself..do I sacrifice eq control heaven for touch screen..arggg I need the total control since Im running infinity 2 ohm speakers through stock amp. Without total freq control, I would have to upgrade, love the double d look though.
SOUND CONTROL, I had a double din in my last car and sold it so I could go back to a regular radio and get 4 volt preouts, to get that on a double din you gotta break the $1k barrier, those touch screens just aren't worth it, if you want the look but get the good sound you could get the nice radio and feed into it from an android tablet. thats what I do, just need to get around to actually developing a mount for the tablet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Double D Double Din Bezel has another sucessful install story