Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

My custom amp rack & amp installation (lots of pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2014, 07:21 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DamonZ28
To be perfectly honest - it's not mounted to anything. It fits so snugly over the hatch latch, sides, & bottom, that it's not going anywhere. It can always be secured to the rear wall if necessary.
Dude your install looks great, but I would definitely secure the amp rack board to the body somehow.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome awesome job, look amazing and very clean.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

How do you guys go about wiring the power wire from front of the car to the back? As well as the rca cables?
Old 08-30-2014, 08:00 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by warriorpluto
How do you guys go about wiring the power wire from front of the car to the back? As well as the rca cables?
power wire comes off the BATTERY and goes thru the rubber grommet in the firewall hidden behind the PCM, once inside just run it under the carpet to the amp location, RCA's simply go from the headunit to the amp under the carpet as far away from the power wire as feasible (minimum 18 inches) and if you are forced to cross the RCA's over the power do so at a 90 degree angle.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warriorpluto
There is a groment behind the PCM that you can pass your power wire through then run it under the carpet along the passenger side. Your RCAs should be run a minimum of 18" from the power wire. I ran mine down the center of the car which required removing the seats, center console, and carpet. It did sound dampening so all that stuff was already out anyways.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:49 PM
TECH Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1HIGHLIFE
There is a groment behind the PCM that you can pass your power wire through then run it under the carpet along the passenger side. Your RCAs should be run a minimum of 18" from the power wire. I ran mine down the center of the car which required removing the seats, center console, and carpet. It did sound dampening so all that stuff was already out anyways.
Oh ok. I have a subwoofer box made for the driver side trunk space area. Just extend all wires to the other side? I had a little v6 camaro and did the sound system but I had wires exposed and this time since I my trans am I want to do it right
Old 08-31-2014, 08:49 PM
On The Tree

Make sure to have a torx bit for the seat belt bolt. It's SO much easier with that out of the way. I put my RCA cables down the driver's side. Across the back of the car, I kept the RCA cables high, and the power cables low. Sorry I didn't include any pictures of routing the wires along the sides of the car.

Quick Reply: My custom amp rack & amp installation (lots of pics)