Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

PYLE PLDN76DB 7 inch touchscreen stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,
Just received my 7 inch double din stereo and am about to remove the old Monsoon garbage radio from my 2002 Trans Am. But before I do, I was hoping to gather as much as I could on installing a 7 inch double din.
I have removed and pre fitted the new stereo but as expected, it is a little large height, and depth wise so some trimming is necessary.
My goal is to trim and cut as little as possible to prevent any permanent damage and possibly be able to restore back to normal if needed. Also to locate the proper wire harness, and or other accessories for a quick and simple hook up without cutting wires.
If there is anyone who can help with pics, advise, and info on where to get proper wire harnesses (in Canada) it would be greatly appreciated. I will provide pics of my progress as I go and hope to have a nice, clean finished install when done. Thanks all in advance.

I am making a new bezel right now, but my ultimate stand still is the wiring harness. I cannot find a website that has exactly what I am looking for. Anyone have any recommendation?

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 06-13-2014 at 07:03 AM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
Old 06-12-2014, 08:54 PM
TECH Addict

the wire harness for the the car side (part that plugs into the factory wiring) is the SAME for ALL AFTERMARKET RADIOS, it is color coded and you just match them up to the colors on the harness that came with the Pyle radio.

Should be able to find it on amazon http://www.metraonline.com/part/GM_wire+harness_70-1858

personally I wouldn't waste my time installing a "Pyle" of crap radio in my car if I where you.

Motorized face on SUB $200 (US) 7" touchscreen headunit is just a dangerous thing, nothing that cheap can have the build quality needed to last any amount of time.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:04 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

PLEASE read the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. It has all the information you need (including the Metra harness part number that Daniel linked to). The harness is available from any audio shop, most auto parts stores and even Walmart. Try Canadian Tire - they should have it.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Thanks whitebird. I picked one up from Canadian tire, but It did not look like the correct one. There seems to be a second wire bundle that is attached to the monsoon that is now just hanging there. But hey, if the unit works, I am happy. I will check out the sticky you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:55 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You will find in the sticky that there is an additional harness plugged into the Monsoon head unit that is for the option external CD changer. The harness is there even if you don't have the changer. You can unplug it and ignore it.

Quick Reply: PYLE PLDN76DB 7 inch touchscreen stereo