Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power antenna wont go down

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Power antenna wont go down

Today my antenna went up and after shutting car off, wont go back down. Part of the mast has "fallen into itself, but not much. I removed the spare tire to get a good look at it for any visual issues, but none, all connections are good, in excellent shape, and when I turn the radio on/off it will rise again, but not go back down except for the falling into itself about an inch. I can hear the motor working in both up/down cycles, cannot hear a "clicking" noise. If Im to remove the motor unit from the car, how do I except for removing bolts, meaning, which ones and other connections to the motor? To me, it looks as if, to open the motor housing, its plastic rivets?
Is there a plastic gear inside that could have stripped, like the awful plastic headlight motor gears? Which I have already replaced with metal ones myself.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:29 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

If you use the search function, you'll get the solution to this very common problem...

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-f...-problems.html

BTW - You don't need to take anything apart.

Quick Reply: Power antenna wont go down