Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Wipers wont stop at bottom

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2014, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Wipers wont stop at bottom

Just noticed on my 02 Z that my wipers stop in the middle of the windshield instead of returning to the bottom (cowl area). What can I do to fix this?
Old 07-29-2014, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine do this too, well most the time, they also, when on intermittent setting, stop in the UP position between cycles, my understanding is you need to replace the whole wiper motor arm assembly, or just live with it.
Old 07-29-2014, 05:11 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It may or may not be the wiper motor. Try this first... turn the ignition switch to RUN, turn the wiper switch OFF, disconnect connector C215 - it's a black 11-pin flat connector with 9 wires near the base of the steering column (not attached to it) - there's a yellow wire at one end and a pink wire at the opposite end.

If the wipers park then you need to replace the multifunction (turn signal) lever. That's pretty easy to do and should only take about 15 minutes.

The only other thing that will cause the wipers to work but not park is the wiper motor cover (other than some weird short that causes voltage to go where it shouldn't... I've never seen one of those). The wiper motor cover is a circuit board attached to the wiper motor with three screws. Unfortunately, you have to remove the motor itself to replace the cover. Removing the motor requires some special tools so you might want to leave that to someone who has the tools and has done it before.

Quick Reply: Wipers wont stop at bottom