Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Rear speaker install JBL p662s

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2014, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Rear speaker install JBL p662s

Not too long ago I replaced my front dry rotted speakers with a pair of CDT components from Kee Audio in my 98 vert which I am happy with. For the rear I came across a good deal on a pair of JBL p662s speakers for the rear which seem like they have been one of the replacement options for verts. Was wondering if anybody has used these speakers in the past and if so if they had any tips before I did the install. Was hoping to get it done this weekend and thought I'd check before I started the install. Thanks.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

UPDATE

The speaker install was pretty straight forward. The JBL P662S slim mounts were slightly wider. Mounting holes lined up. For the bottom (2) screws the original screws were used and the speaker was mounted flush. For the top a ~1/2 plastic spacers were used along with longer screws. This allowed the speaker to be mounted so not to interfere with the convertible mechanism. The small gap was filled with foam HVAC tape to provide a decent seal.

Quick Reply: Rear speaker install JBL p662s