Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

need help with theftlock radio

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with theftlock radio

So i replaced the radio in one of my trucks (2002 silverado) with an after market one and held onto the stock radio just in case. well i got another project truck (2001 silverado) that didnt have a radio at all in it, so i plugged in my stock theftlock one. I'm not very sure if it has a lock code, but i can't get it to come on in the new truck. when i plugged it in i could hear the cd motor humming. but nothing will display but the time when i press the hour button. Locked or loc doesn't display. I've tried holding the 2 and 3 button, 1 and 4, pretty much every configuration that i've found on google. Can anyone help me get some tunes going in my truck?
Old 11-21-2014, 08:52 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If it's a double DIN head unit, you are out of luck. It has the VIN of the original vehicle stored in it and it will not work in any other vehicle. This is completely different from the TheftLock that was in the 1.5 DIN head units like f-bodies.

Quick Reply: need help with theftlock radio