Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Monsoon not playing out of 1 channel...

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Monsoon not playing out of 1 channel...

So my rear right speaker output has no signal at all from the Monsoon amp. All 7 other channels work just fine. The wire connector for the amp is snug, and all of the wires look secure. Not sure what or how only 1 channel would stop working.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips?
Old 01-15-2015, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem after a HU upgrade and just happen to kind of fix it last night. I remove the hatch panel to inspect the area and notice in fact that the sound was really low (had to put my ear up to the speaker) even after complete fade to rear right and volume up to 75%, try disconnecting the tweeter and see if it works it did for me. But now I hear noise from that channel when radio is on low.
PS reconnecting the tweeter made the speaker not work again. I plan to recheck my harness when I get more time for now the noise is not that noticeable when radio is playing. Please follow up with a reply and if it does not work maybe PM WhiteBird00
Old 01-15-2015, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

have you confirmed the "no output" from the amp by trying a different speaker connected to that same channel using a speaker that you KNOW is good.

the honda I had before my Bird had no sound from the driver door and it proved to be a failed speaker, visually looked fine but just didn't work.

Quick Reply: Monsoon not playing out of 1 channel...