Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speakers help

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 01:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speakers help

Hey, I currently have Kicker 10cvt651 speaker in the sail panel and a pioneer avh-x5700bhs head unit. the rest of the speaker are pretty terrible and one of the tweeter is ripped out im pretty sure. What would you guys suggest i should replace the door and the hatch speakers and also would i need an amp since im running an aftermarket head unit? Im also interested in having a sub down the road. thank you for your help.
Old 12-09-2014, 07:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

You should not need a different amp since you already have the Monsoon amp unless your use of 1-ohm subs in the sail panel has fried that amp (the Monsoon amp is not 1-ohm stable so those Kickers could damage it if you turn the volume up a lot).

Our sponsors Kee Audio and Double D Mods have speaker sets in various price ranges that are designed to match the Monsoon system. They are your best bet for finding speakers that will work well with your setup.
Old 12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Launching!

yeah I checked both of their websites, but neither of them seems to have a package with only the door and the hatch speakers
Old 12-09-2014, 01:41 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

It wouldn't hurt to contact them anyway. They sell the same speakers separately at reasonable prices so you don't have to buy one of the packages.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
It wouldn't hurt to contact them anyway. They sell the same speakers separately at reasonable prices so you don't have to buy one of the packages.
okay sounds good, I have a question tho. I was under the impression that if the HU is changed a new amp is required, at least thats what I was told on camaro zone.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:50 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Well then you should not go back to Camaro Zone. Have a look at the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section. The "Monsoon" head unit is just an ordinary Delco unit the same as all the others GM used at the time. The "magic" of the Monsoon system is the amp and unique speaker setup. You can replace the HU without making any other changes to the system.

Quick Reply: speakers help