Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

New Double-Din review

Old 12-12-2014, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default New Double-Din review

SO the old flip out finally kicked the bucket and I decided to go double-din. I bought the Pioneer 2600bt because I installed the 2400bt a couple years ago in my wifes G6 and love it. The 2600bt has a few new features I like better such as when using it bluetooth it will automatically start when you get back in the car without manually playing from your phone. Also you have functions like turning to the next song and what not the older version will not do. Funniest thing is the microphone actually picks up my voice well enough for everyone so far to hear me fine while driving.....I honestly thought it was not worth even setting up because Lt's, no cats and big cam is just loud even with the Hooker which is a tenth as loud as my GMMG was. Anyway, the install was easy, the bezel looks stock and I should have done this a lot sooner. The only modifying I had to do was to cut the tray out of the bottom of the din and a half area from stock but I just used my tin snips to cut it out. Anyway, hope this review helps someone in the future when wondering what it takes to install.....which is not a whole lot!

Old Flipout

New Pioneer 2600bt

Old 12-12-2014, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool. lovin the phoenix background!
Old 12-12-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks man, I agree its pretty cool to be able to upload a background
Old 12-14-2014, 01:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

I've got the same Pioneer AVH-X2600BT waiting to go in my '98 Z28. The new Metra Double DIN kit for my car leaves a bit of a gap that I'm currently waiting on trim pieces I've ordered off of eBay to try to fill the gaps. I've already got a "Camaro" wallpaper waiting to be uploaded once I get it installed. I'm looking forward to getting mine in as well!

I'm also hoping Pioneer does a firmware update so my iPhone 6 will be compatible...
Old 12-14-2014, 10:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry if this is a noob question, but im not a car audio guy. Does this have navigation? Or can you use google maps via your phone as navigation.

I'm looking to put in a double din but dont like the archaic nature of in dash nav setups.

Thanks, and looks good.

Jason
Old 12-17-2014, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ssjason232
sorry if this is a noob question, but im not a car audio guy. Does this have navigation? Or can you use google maps via your phone as navigation.

I'm looking to put in a double din but dont like the archaic nature of in dash nav setups.

Thanks, and looks good.

Jason
You can get cables to connect your iPhone. They are not cheap tho
Old 12-20-2014, 07:58 PM
Teching In

kick *** man bet it sounds good too
Old 12-21-2014, 01:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

That looks nice op. Double dins really update the looks of these interiors. I need 2......one for my car and one for my truck.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM
Tire Smoking Tranny Blowing Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that does look nice. Can you buy the molding or did you make it? What do you have to modify to get that radio in?

Looks like it came with it in there very nice
Old 12-21-2014, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It wasn't much honestly. I bought the bezel which came with the mounting brackets. I had to cut the bottom tray out but that's its. Wire up and bolt in....enjoy Bluetooth capability! It's nice to just hop in the car and it start playing where I left off without having to actually press play on phone or radio.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Double-Din review