Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Possible to remove orange on TA cluster?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible to remove orange on TA cluster?

As title says, is it possible to remove the orange kmh numbers and redline/low areas? I've never taken it apart to see how the color is on there. Curious as to whether it could be peeled off or removed somehow without damaging the cluster. I'm going to go try to find some red needles out of a junkyard tomorrow. May sound silly but I just hate the orange and don't really wanna pay for an overlay cause I like the look of the stock other than that.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The color is integral to the overlay, so it would need to be completely replaced to get the colors you want. You could add more film to the inside of the overlay to change the color, but mixing that with orange on the outside will probably not get you the effect you are looking for.

There are companies out there that will change the color of your needles, so I would assume that means they have a color applied outside of a clear needle.

Before you take your needles off, you'll want to go through the procedure to make sure you get them back on at the right orientation when you are done. (They are not indexed to the shafts they are on.)
Old 12-16-2014, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figures, haha but ok thank you for the info

Quick Reply: Possible to remove orange on TA cluster?