Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need pics of the headlight wiring and high beam switch

Old 01-19-2015, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need pics of the headlight wiring and high beam switch

I need a couple of pics of the stock headlight wiring harness without DRLs and fog lights. Also if someone has a pic of the high beam switch and the connector that plugs into, that would be helpful. I have looked at the wiring schematics from shbox, but I need to know were the yellow wire from the switch divides into yellow and lt. green wires. My issue is the hacked up wiring from someone installing an aftermarket alarm and sound system in my 95 Formula. The alarm and sound system is long gone, only thing left is the damage done to the wiring. Right now, only my high beams are on (at least that is what the dash light is indicating), only problem is that the high beam switch is missing from the column., so I don't understand that. Also, the headlights will not pop up on their own, I have to manually open and close them. Also, if someone could take a pic of the brown wires from the dimmer switch and the headlight switch, I think I might have those crossed. Also, once you turn the headlight switch all the way to the on position, that sends a signal through the yellow wire that eventually goes to the headlight motor relay and that is what activates the motor?
Old 01-20-2015, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 1994greenz28
Also, once you turn the headlight switch all the way to the on position, that sends a signal through the yellow wire that eventually goes to the headlight motor relay and that is what activates the motor?
Yes, the headlight door module mounted in the engine bay controls the doors.

You're going to have to do some searching for that splice, the GM manual doesn't make mention of it's location. The drawing shows the two lt. green wires meeting at the high beam switch itself. One of them then goes through P100 (firewall), and the other light green wire goes through C200, which is the big square connector near the steering column. So the splice is somewhere between those two points.

EDIT: After looking at some old pictures I have of my T56 swap, it looks like both light green wires are crimped into the high beam connector itself. This is on a 97 with DRL's, but it should be pretty much the same.

Last edited by Spartan7; 01-20-2015 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-21-2015, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I was able to find a pic of the wires that go into the plug. It is 2 lt green, 1 yellow and 1 brown. So that does help a little bit. I have been driving this Firebird thinking that the high beams are on, but I have yet to have someone flash their lights at me (the classic, "Hey, *******...your high beams are on.") Those wires, along with 2 more yellow wires, go into a large bundle of wires that exits the firewall into the engine bay. There are a couple of f-bodies at the local U-Pull-It here, I think I am going to check those out and see if I can make heads or tails of this mess.

Thanks for the clarification on the p100 and c200. I was not sure of what those symbols and numbers meant.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need pics of the headlight wiring and high beam switch