Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Aftermarket Gauges

Old 02-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Gauges

Hey guys! I got a gauge question.. I'm building my 1992 full size Chevy into a nasty *** street truck, and frankly the 90mph speedometer isn't gonna do.. I see a lot race cars/trucks with the single piece digital gauge setup that reads out everything, can't think of the name. Would something like that work, or what I have to stick with GM application stuff? I'm not the smartest when it comes to the electrical side of cars. I'll be using a 2001-2003 GM truck computer and harness.
Old 02-04-2015, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

this http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd160.htm ?

oh wait just read the second half, you'll probably have to find a "universal" type to modify to work in your application.
Old 02-04-2015, 05:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Daniel Richards
this http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...rod/prd160.htm ?

oh wait just read the second half, you'll probably have to find a "universal" type to modify to work in your application.
Dakota Digital makes some nice stuff, haha, my dad uses them for all his old cars, but I wasn't sure how easy it'd be when I would have to mess with another computer and wiring setup.
Old 02-04-2015, 09:48 PM
9 Second Club

If you are talking about the Racepak display like this one. Yes, the tech guys at Racepak say you can use it with Gm harness and pcm.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RobsZ28
If you are talking about the Racepak display like this one. Yes, the tech guys at Racepak say you can use it with Gm harness and pcm.

That's the one! I'll go check them out. If stand-alone's weren't so expensive I would be running one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket Gauges