Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Weird high pitch sound in speakers when the car is not running

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 04:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Weird high pitch sound in speakers when the car is not running

I have done a search.. found nothing.

I have a Pioneer head unit with 2 Fosgate amps. One is running 2 channel to a sub the other is running 4 channel to the door and sail panel speakers.

All RCA cables are running the in the same location, all grounds have been triple checked. The amps have separate grounds no longer than 18" each. The speaker wires are not running by any battery cables.

The noise happens when I turn the key forward (not starting the car) and I hear a high pitch whine. If I turn the key backwards the stereo comes on and no high pitch whine. If I have the CD player on and no disk, no high pitch whine. It doesn't happen in the sub-woofer at all. I am out of ideas. I assume if it were the amp going bad it would happen even if the key was turned backwards. I have unplugged the antenna.. everything. My last resort may be a noise filter of some kind, but do I go with one for the RCA cables or the speaker wires?

Thanks for any help.

Quick Reply: Weird high pitch sound in speakers when the car is not running