Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

front electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question front electrical problem

I,m currently driving a 2000 trans am 5.7L. Ever sense I've had the car I've had blinker, day time running lights, and head light problems. First off, I often change blinker bulbs in the front because of blown bulbs, and to try to fix the problem I have replaced the sockets once and looked for any touching wires that i can see from the bumper. The Second issue is my driver side low beam headlight tends to work when it wants to, and I have replaced the light and the connector (which fixes the problem for a short time). Third, my day time running lights work sometimes and sometimes only one works, but they always work when I turn on my headlights. I am clueless at this point what to begin checking to straighten out this problem. If yall have any advice or seen similar issues please lead me in a direction.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:58 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You are probably due to change your blinker fluid:
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...Dg9dRYC8nAkaW0
Old 12-23-2015, 07:17 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

1) You are getting water in the housings
2) Look for corrosion in the connector at the headlight motor
3) The bulb has two filaments. One for DRL and then the other comes on for the parking lights. Just the DRL filament could be burned out from problem #1

Quick Reply: front electrical problem