Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

headlights always on in the dark?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 11:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headlights always on in the dark?

I have a 02 camaro and just had a question on the lights. I know they turn on automatically when its dark, but i cant turn them off unless i turn the car off with it. Is this a problem or is it just a camaro thing and if it is, is there a way to bypass this? Its only in the dark that the light switch **** becomes useless and doesnt change when i switch it to on/off or running lights. The lights are always on

Last edited by lsx_camaro; 05-26-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd kinda like to know this as well. I never touch my ****, but I sure would like to turn my key forward, listen to my radio with the door open with the headlights off while in my garage.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lsx_camaro
I have a 02 camaro and just had a question on the lights. I know they turn on automatically when its dark, but i cant turn them off unless i turn the car off with it. Is this a problem or is it just a camaro thing and if it is, is there a way to bypass this? Its only in the dark that the light switch **** becomes useless and doesnt change when i switch it to on/off or running lights. The lights are always on
Your headlights are functioning properly. You can disable the automatic feature.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/710357-lighting-faq.html#post7096661

Originally Posted by BrittleSpeed
I'd kinda like to know this as well. I never touch my ****, but I sure would like to turn my key forward, listen to my radio with the door open with the headlights off while in my garage.
There's an easier solution for your concern. If you set your parking brake before key on, your headlights won't come on, assuming your parking brake switch is good.
Old 05-27-2016, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't think about that, thanks
Old 05-27-2016, 10:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah they are always on in low light conditions unless you disable that feature

Quick Reply: headlights always on in the dark?