Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Need help choosing sail speakers

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 08:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help choosing sail speakers

Hi everyone this is my first post but I look forward to being active in this forum. I recently bought a 2001 Camaro (v6) and it came with a sub, amp, and new speakers on the doors and the trunk. The back seat speakers (sail speakers?) are inoperable, not sure why but they just are. I'm looking to simply replace them with a modest upgrade under $75 if possible but I'm not sure what to look for. Also if someone can explain what the monsoon system is I'd really appreciate it, while this is my third camaro this is the first one I had that is 2000+
Old 06-09-2016, 02:52 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The Monsoon system is the premium factory audio system that was offered in f-bodies from 1997-2002 and is described in great detail in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.

But since you don't have a Monsoon system, you can basically install whatever 6.5" round speakers you like best in the sail panels. Go to a local audio shop or auto parts store and listen to several different models then choose the one you like best. Just bear in mind that you really don't want too much sound (other than bass) coming from behind you - speakers there should be for rear fill rather than a primary sound source.
Old 06-10-2016, 06:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The Monsoon system is the premium factory audio system that was offered in f-bodies from 1997-2002 and is described in great detail in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section.

But since you don't have a Monsoon system, you can basically install whatever 6.5" round speakers you like best in the sail panels. Go to a local audio shop or auto parts store and listen to several different models then choose the one you like best. Just bear in mind that you really don't want too much sound (other than bass) coming from behind you - speakers there should be for rear fill rather than a primary sound source.
Thanks for the info I realized there was a monsoon sticky soon after I posted this.

Quick Reply: Need help choosing sail speakers