Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

12 disc monsoon changer ERR

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2016, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 12 disc monsoon changer ERR

so I've done a half assed search and didn't really come up with anything....but my '01 SS conv. CD changer doesn't want to work. I put the magazine in, it cycles through the discs, the CD logo on the head unit flashes, and then ERR and nothing. I tried disconnecting the battery with my fingers crossed and that didn't work. Anybody got any other ideas or am I just listening to the radio from now on?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:29 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

Okay first a very basic question... you did put the discs in the magazine "upside down" (label on the bottom), right? The Monsoon changer loads the discs opposite to what almost every other changer does.

The error codes for the cassette, single CD player and CD changer are all listed in the Monsoon FAQ sticky at the top of the section but all include an error number and not just the word "ERR".
Old 11-28-2016, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, I've had the car since 2003, I got that part down...I do remember it being finicky occasionally and having to take the magazine out a few times for it to recognize what was going on. But i haven't driven it regularly since about '08...so there are probably tons of electrical worms i have yet to discover

Quick Reply: 12 disc monsoon changer ERR