Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

which mounting kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 12:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which mounting kit

has anyone used the metra 99-2011 universal mounting kit to put a double din stereo in their car? I did a search but for some reason couldn't find out what I needed. its goin in a 98 Camaro and I know they make a kit with the bezel but I read the bezel could be better so I figured id just get the brackets and make an extra bezel I got work. thanks for any help
Old 03-09-2017, 11:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just make your own if you're going to use a double din. I've got a sheet of thin sheet metal just for making brackets, but you can cut up almost anything. Seems pretty expensive to buy the kit, and only use the brackets.

Can you remove the brackets off of the stock radio? Those would work with just a couple holes drilled.

Second thought about this, if you have a stereo shop near you, you could always ask their techs if they have some extras laying around. Those kits come with so many brackets, techs will use two, and then throw the rest away or save them. Might be worth a shot.

Quick Reply: which mounting kit