Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Installing multiple electronics - Run power through firewall or use accessory wires?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 11:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Installing multiple electronics - Run power through firewall or use accessory wires?

I know I made two threads previous to this regarding some of the same stuff but the more I think of it the more I become concerned that the accessory wires in the fuse panel may become overwhelmed with what I am doing.

I have the following devices:
Gauge cluster LED (custom, not using stock cluster, a separate wire has to be run for illumination)
Dash Computer
OLED Computer
Viper Alarm
GPS / GSM Fuel pump shut down
2 USB Hubs

The Viper Alarm and GPS need CONSTANT power
ALL of the above devices need IGNITION power as well (meaning the Viper Alarm and GPS/GSM Device needs BOTH sources)

If I ran a wire from the Fuse Panel ignition accessory wire and divided it between all of these devices, would it likely overload the circuit? Should I run external power through the firewall and RELAY it to that ignition source wire?
Old 04-24-2017, 08:05 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The provided electrical ports in the fuse panel are 15 amp maximum. Add up the fuse ratings of your accessories to determine if they can run within that limit.

Quick Reply: Installing multiple electronics - Run power through firewall or use accessory wires?