Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Switchback Stopped Flashing ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Switchback Stopped Flashing ?

I installed switchbacks with new turn signal sockets recently. I was sure to match A-B-G wiring properly. I had to get two "no load" flashers to get my turn signals to work again. Once I did, they behaved as expected: Amber for idle, then flashed Amber for signals. When the headlights came on, they'd turn white. Then flash Amber for signal. It's a type two switchback so it doesn't alternate white/yellow on flash.

Now, all of a sudden, I have my driver's side LED switchback that won't flash as a turn signal. It won't come on unless the fog lights are on (then, it comes on as amber). Then, it doesn't turn white when I turn the headlights on. It doesn't turn white ever. My A-B-G wires are stuck together with liquid tape but I am thinking one of the splice jobs is faulty and needs to be re-done, but which one would be indicative of the problem? I am thinking the issue is a wire splice that came loose. The only thing I've done since then is install an amp/sound system so I don't see why that would cause this issue for the driver's side turn signal bulb. Passengers side works as expected still.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never mind, think I found the issue. I hate this car.

Quick Reply: Switchback Stopped Flashing ?