Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Why did all my dash warning lights come on suddenly?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2017, 06:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did all my dash warning lights come on suddenly?

I drive a 2002 Camaro SS. The car runs and starts fine, strong as new in fact! I get in after its been parked for 2-3 days (nothing abnormal) and when I start it, the warning lights for the: ABS Inop, Air Bag, ASR Off, Service Vehicle, and Check Gauges all come on. Also, the Fuel gauge is not reading anything, though I know there's a half tank of gas. I shut the car off and restart it, and it starts and runs fine, just all the lights are on. I drive it to work, and later the next day, I start the car and no lights are on. Couple days later, they all come on while I'm driving to work, and this time I see that the Temp gauge stops reading and drops, the Tach stops reading and drops, and the Fuel gauge again stops reading and drops. I thought it might be a bad ground, so I cleaned the ground post on the inner fender near the battery. That seemed to fix it... Then on the way to work this morning, it did it again: all the lights and the Temp, Tach, and Fuel gauges stopped reading. Can anyone help me?

Quick Reply: Why did all my dash warning lights come on suddenly?