Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Led Gauge Cluster Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Led Gauge Cluster Upgrade

I wanted to share my experience with you guys and let you know where I ran into some difficulty. I installed the Cool Blue LED's that I got from my neighbor who owns Twelvolt Led & HID that were a direct replacement for the factory bulbs they fit perfect. I installed them rather quickly after removing the gauge cluster but here is where I screwed up . I didn't take the time to inspect the solder rings on the board the the bulbs make contact with so I installed and half of the dash was nice and bright the other half was really dim so I took it apart again and it sucks because it's pretty easy to break the pins that attach the dash ring to the dash so I begin the process all over again and at this point I'm ready to give up that's when I noticed that the solder ring that makes the connection with the copper tabs of the bulb holder had small divots in them from the contacts rubbing against the board for 18 yrs if you don't look at it closely you will miss them so I get out the solder gun add a little fresh solder to the board and reinstall and this time PERFECT ! So I didn't want you guys to get as agrivated as I did so I thought I would pass it along . Let me know what you guys think . This is before I noticed the divots and bad spots
This is after I added a little solder the rings
Old 07-22-2017, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Can you share where the bulbs came from? A brand maybe?
Old 07-24-2017, 12:45 AM
Teching In

You should get rid of the red odometer LEDs. Other than that I love the color. Going to do the same to my TA.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Staging Lane

I couldn't figure out how to change the color on the needles . If any of you guys know how to change the color let me know . Any information would be greatly appreciated
Originally Posted by rlcope
You should get rid of the red odometer LEDs. Other than that I love the color. Going to do the same to my TA.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

I believe one guy on here changed the color painting the needle with some sort of paint. Came out really nice too
Old 08-01-2017, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Fyi all 194 led bulb tower style bulbs are ****. They will start flickering randomly and make you hate that you did the conversion

The t5 or #74 leds are awesome though for the door panels and a.c. lights
Old 08-02-2017, 07:27 AM
Staging Lane

Where did you get the front air splitter ?
Originally Posted by rlcope

Quick Reply: Led Gauge Cluster Upgrade