Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Alarm Recomendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Alarm Recomendations

Title kind of speaks for itself, I have never bought an alarm for a car and just wondered what everyone would recommend and has worked out good for them? is there any alarms that come with a kill switch or anything like that? my car getting stolen is a big worry of mine
Old 07-12-2017, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 297 Likes on 165 Posts

I've had a Viper 5901 for going on 7 years now. I'm not sure about a kill switch, but I know you can add different sensors to the Viper such as a tilt sensor, glass break sensor, and a proximity sensor.

But it's definitely one of the better things I've done to my car, mostly for the two-way receiver which I constantly check to see if the car is locked, and the range of the system.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Anything from viper is well made.

you can also add a smart phone feature to some where you can track the car via phone / tablet.
Cab start the car from Phone too. It's called viper smart start
Old 07-13-2017, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 39 Likes on 35 Posts

I would recommend one of the 2 way alarms. Having a fob tell you when your alarm is going off is a life saver.
Old 07-14-2017, 11:28 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had good luck with the DEI / Viper / Clifford brand items. They're all the same company now. Also used Audiovox products with good results, but there is a drop in quality compared to the DEI product.

Lots of other brands out there, just research online and pay attention to other's experiences.

Biggest part of the equation would be using a qualified installer. If you don't have experience with installing a system like these, you can run yourself in circles trying to understand the methods and programming needed for installation.

Best of luck, post up if you have more questions.

Quick Reply: Alarm Recomendations