Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Does any make a sub box for Driver side that actually Fits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 09:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelhawk
The CD Changer has to be, and is, removed.
The bracket that holds the changer is also removed too? The boxes are designed to fit in the cubby hole that never had a changer mounted AND the black plastic grill that's at the back of the cubby on the bottom has to also come out. I moved my changer to the passenger side and the bracket that holds the stock changer in place has to also be removed, or the box has to be modified to fit around it. I actually notched my JL box to fit around it and then re-sealed it from the inside of the box.
Old 01-20-2018, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BandDirector Blk98ZM6
The bracket that holds the changer is also removed too? The boxes are designed to fit in the cubby hole that never had a changer mounted AND the black plastic grill that's at the back of the cubby on the bottom has to also come out. I moved my changer to the passenger side and the bracket that holds the stock changer in place has to also be removed, or the box has to be modified to fit around it. I actually notched my JL box to fit around it and then re-sealed it from the inside of the box.
Thank you but I've explained in detail why each doesnt fit, it has nothing to do with the cd changer and its bracket. One is too high on the end as pictured. the other is too deep for the firebird as described.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the link.

Quick Reply: Does any make a sub box for Driver side that actually Fits?