Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Ways to troubleshoot if factory amp is causing issues?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Ways to troubleshoot if factory amp is causing issues?

So ive been having issues with my speakers in my camaro, they are from one of the cdt packages that kee audio sells. So my front driver side speaker hardly ever works, ocassionally it will cut on but usually no sound comes from it. When i adjust the fader to allow only the front driver side one i get some sound, although its very low, from my rear driver side hatch speaker which i dont think is supposed to happen. At times it sounds im getting no sound at all from any speaker on the driver side and then they will randomly cut back on. Recently i also noticed that ocassionally the front passenger side speaker will randomly cut out but then will usually come back on like 10 seconds later. The only speakers that dont ever cut out are the passenger sail panel and rear hatch speaker. Ive looked at tge connections at the speakers and they seem fine so im thinking the only thing it could be for all these speakers to randomly go out would be the amp. Any body got any experience with something like this?

Quick Reply: Ways to troubleshoot if factory amp is causing issues?