Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Remote start with Camshaft Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote start with Camshaft Upgrade

I have a 2016 silverado 5.3. I do not have remote start but would like to get one. My question is, if i have plans in the near future to cam and do headers will the remote start even work? Should i not waste my money on it?
Old 12-14-2017, 12:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think I understand your question, What does the remote start have to do with a cam swap and header?

You can install a remote start with stock cam or an updated one, with stock manifolds or long tubes.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelhawk
I don't think I understand your question, What does the remote start have to do with a cam swap and header?

You can install a remote start with stock cam or an updated one, with stock manifolds or long tubes.
I did not know, I was wanting to go a stage 3 cam and headers. I just wanted to ask because i thought maybe the lope would cause the Remote Start to not work or something. Thank you!
Old 12-15-2017, 11:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a remote start on my H&C TA and it does fine. It won't impact your remote start.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well a 2016 Silverado 5.3 is not an LS1 which is the primary basis of this forum. However, doing a cam swap has nothing to do with remote start, or having or adding remote start to a truck.

Quick Reply: Remote start with Camshaft Upgrade