Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

CDT speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
Default CDT speakers

I just installed CDT 6.5 mids and the tweeters in my doors and I can honestly tell you the factory speakers that I took out sounded better than these. I made sure they were wired correctly, I used the diagram from this site. Due to the difficulty of finding a different brand of 2 ohm 6.5's I guess I will start replacing the entire system with modern equipment. Update! I was wrong about the speakers. I took the door panels back off to double check my work, I noticed while driving to work one morning that the sound was changing, and it's official, I suck at solidering! the connections had broken loose at every spot I solidered. the only thing holding it was what was left of the heat shrink. So I cut everything off that I worked on, and used barrel conectors instead. It sounds 100 times better! It sounds good enough that I think I'm good on the audio for a while and can move on other modifications now.

Last edited by br549; 12-27-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Mistake on my part.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

That sucks. I think i put sony's in my doors years ago. The rest is boston acoustic. But i have a couple blown again at the moment.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just put some in mine and it's much better.
Old 12-27-2017, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my orig stereo was terrible sound after twice replacing a door speaker i gave up and installed an aftermarket system. parts $400 & labor $400 but now it sounds great! included dynamat. everything had to be rewired because i didnt buy matching parts. kenwood deck , alpine mini amp , apline R speakers (great sound for the price). if i had purchased a matching head unit i probably could have saved $100 in labor. just an alternate idea. many here luv the kee audio package.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The speakers sound great now. I tried to solder all the connections and they all broke loose. I converted the solder to barrel connectors and now it sounds great. I'm very happy with the way it sounds now. I don't think I'm going to mess the stereo anymore.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:46 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by DANOZ28
well my orig stereo was terrible sound after twice replacing a door speaker i gave up and installed an aftermarket system. parts $400 & labor $400 but now it sounds great! included dynamat. everything had to be rewired because i didnt buy matching parts. kenwood deck , alpine mini amp , apline R speakers (great sound for the price). if i had purchased a matching head unit i probably could have saved $100 in labor. just an alternate idea. many here luv the kee audio package.
Mixing brand names has nothing to do with wiring or installation cost. Your installer did the right thing and rewired because the factory wiring is not suitable for a decent aftermarket system.

Quick Reply: CDT speakers