Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Passenger door speaker distorted after h/c swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2018, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door speaker distorted after h/c swap

I have the keeaudio stage 5 kit and I thought the speaker went bad, got a replacement same issue, got a new head unit. same issue. So, I'm not sure what to do here, I put the three grounds on the back of the heads when I did my swap, mind you there's not even 10 minutes on my new speaker setup I got a few months ago. I'm not an audio expert so I have no idea what's going on but I can install and wire fairly well due to some trades I've picked up. I've checked wiring, it's all hooked up properly. The only other thing I can think of is getting an amp and I would prefer not to rewire everything but if I have to I will, also the distortion comes in goes a little bit but once I got a tiny break, but the distortion seems to be shared between the passenger door speaker and the left rear hatch speaker. Any ideas would be awesome and I won't shun anyone.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

every time I had trouble it was the amp, try reseating the plug back there at the amp. Camaro I bought this year had a funky noise in the sail panel speaker. I pulled the amp and resoldered all the pins on the board, Amp sounds good now.

Quick Reply: Passenger door speaker distorted after h/c swap