Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Where to run RCA to head unit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 07:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to run RCA to head unit?

Hi, I recently got a mono amp for my subwoofer and have run pretty much every wire except for the rca's im not exactly sure how to run them to get behind the radio and any help to run a wire back there would be appretiated.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Do you have an aftermarket head unit? How'd you run your other wires? Run the rca's in the same manor just get them all the way to the head unit. I pulled down the plastics under the foot wells to run my speaker wires and I'll do the same for the RCA's when I run my amp.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:50 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Generally, you don't want to run the RCAs adjacent to the power. If you run power for the amp down the right side then run the RCAs under the center console and carpet or under the left side sill panel to keep them apart. This will help prevent noise in the signal.
Old 04-11-2018, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 95 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Generally, you don't want to run the RCAs adjacent to the power. If you run power for the amp down the right side then run the RCAs under the center console and carpet or under the left side sill panel to keep them apart. This will help prevent noise in the signal.
Good point!! I usually do this, mainly for convenience of running wires so there's not so many on side I'm trying to hide. But the noise & interference is a much better reason.