Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

radio wont turn off?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Unhappy radio wont turn off?

ok ill make the story short.....a month ago my son was sideswiped by this truck in my WS6 so its been in the body shop since then basically waiting on hard to find parts anyway they did a great job so today we picked it up and my son took it to go out to eat and when he came home tells me that when he gets out of the car the radio stays on but If you go to the passenger side door and open then close it and that point it turns off as usual just not on the drivers side? now the car was hit on the drivers side and the body shop did tell me that when they were fixing the window it shattered so they had to replace it not sure if that may have anything to do with it but any suggestions will be appreciated.
Old 03-20-2018, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 176 Likes on 107 Posts

Check the door switch on the fender support (where the hinges are). There should be a small switch that tells the car whether the door is open or not. Just open the door and you should see it there in the front. You can try pushing it and seeing if the switch or wires are damaged.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:42 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The door switch is actually in the latch mechanism rather than being a pin switch near the hinges as in older cars. There is a little bit of adjustment that can be made by loosening the mounting bolts and sometimes just cleaning it will help but in this case I suspect the switch may have been left disconnected during the body work. It's a 4-pin connector at the back of the door with only two wires in it - grey/black and black. (the other connector back there is a 2-pin with tan and grey wires for the lock actuator)
Old 03-21-2018, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

ok thanks brothas for the advice