Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

speaker replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 12:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default speaker replacement

Are there any vendors on the forum that offer direct speaker replacement? I am not looking to build a sick system, simply replace the old beat up speakers with something that will work well with the existing Monsoon amp.
Old 05-14-2018, 01:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 474 Likes on 354 Posts

I always use Crutchfield. They have a nice search engine to find the available speakers for your application.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 05-14-2018 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Non-sponsor link removed.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:15 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

The two primary audio sponsors that were here have left the building. However, I know that Kee Audio is still in business and was very popular here because of the quality and compatibility of his packages. The Monsoon system has very specific speaker requirements and general audio stores often get them wrong. I'm not knocking Crutchfield - they're a very good source most of the time but they don't have as much model-specific information as specialty shops. For example, your Firebird uses dual voice coil 4-ohm subs in the sail panels. Since Kee isn't a sponsor anymore, I can't post a link to their website but a quick search will find them. Also, a search in this forum will find lots of reviews.
Old 05-14-2018, 07:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I remember along time ago when I was searching for this on my 95 Z28, discountcarstereo.com had a PDF with every make and model with the correlating speakers.
Not sure if they still have it, site has changed a lot since.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i hope im not stepping on any toes by chimimg in here... but i have to say that i had an amazing experience dealing with ian kee of kee audio... he was extremely friendly & helpful... & lord knows i bugged him with a thousand questions... & for those of u that arent familiar with his "cdt" line of speakers, just look em up on any audiophile forum & ull see that they are far superior to anything u can get from ur local box store... i installed a new jvc arsenal head & kees level 5 kit in my formula & was absolutely blown away! ...& although im not a full blow audiophile guru, ive played music, done professional sound tech work for 30 years, & consider myself to have a pretty good ear... & i haveta add, the low end bass response from those dvc sail pannel speakers was mind blowing! ...u wont believe the bottom end that those cdt es-level 5's produce! ...again, seeing as how i just read that ians no longer a site sponsor, i hope i havent broken any protocol rules here, but i cannot say enough about kee & cdt! ...im one very happy customer!

Quick Reply: speaker replacement