Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Help with sound deadener

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2018, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with sound deadener

Hey There!

So im at the paoint where i want to fix my door panels, tint my windows, and replace my speakers, so i figured if i am going through all that work, i might as well sound deaden the car! I have been looking at sound deadener showdown but i was wondering if someone could suggest how much material i would need to do The front doors, the sail panel areas, and perhaps the easily accessible areas of the rear hatch? (im looking to do what i can without gutting the interior of the car) I live in canada, and the car only comes out with the T tops off on sunny days, so im not too sure how much quieter it will make things, but im guessing it should help to cut down on rattles. Also im open to a combination of materials, but SDS looked like it had a decent overall package.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 08-06-2018, 01:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Arrkay
Hey There!

So im at the paoint where i want to fix my door panels, tint my windows, and replace my speakers, so i figured if i am going through all that work, i might as well sound deaden the car! I have been looking at sound deadener showdown but i was wondering if someone could suggest how much material i would need to do The front doors, the sail panel areas, and perhaps the easily accessible areas of the rear hatch? (im looking to do what i can without gutting the interior of the car) I live in canada, and the car only comes out with the T tops off on sunny days, so im not too sure how much quieter it will make things, but im guessing it should help to cut down on rattles. Also im open to a combination of materials, but SDS looked like it had a decent overall package.

Suggestions?

Thanks!
Hello, I used 2 sheets of damplifier pro on each door, which is equivalent to the CLD tiles. I would say it was maybe 25-30% coverage. I also tried adding luxury liner pro, but it was too thick to get the door panel back on. Be careful about adding thick MLV - it will be a bitch to put the door panel back on. One sheet of luxury liner pro covered the door, there should be measurements on second skin audios website. Hope that helps!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 183 Likes on 145 Posts

I'm about to order a gallon of "Lizard Skin" spray on sound deadener. Plenty of You Tube videos about it.

Rick
Old 11-02-2018, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sallystudios
Hello, I used 2 sheets of damplifier pro on each door, which is equivalent to the CLD tiles. I would say it was maybe 25-30% coverage. I also tried adding luxury liner pro, but it was too thick to get the door panel back on. Be careful about adding thick MLV - it will be a bitch to put the door panel back on. One sheet of luxury liner pro covered the door, there should be measurements on second skin audios website. Hope that helps!
Was it impossible to get the panel on or was it just a pin in the ***? I'm thinking it would make a huge difference. I'm about to try it out tomorrow, if it's impossible I would need to figure out a plan B

Quick Reply: Help with sound deadener