Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Door Lock Wiring?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Door Lock Wiring?

I had to replace the door on my car, while reconnecting all the wiring, I found one extra 2 pin connector right by the door lock actuator. I have one connector plugged in to the actuator, but can't find where this other one goes. Are there different options for the door locks? The locks do not work, I can only hear clicking coming from the BCM, so it makes me think I'm missing something. I can't see anywhere for it to go. Peeked in there with a mirror to see different angles, but no luck.
Old 06-22-2018, 02:04 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

It would be helpful to know which door and the colors of the wires in the connector. The door lock actuator has a grey and a tan wire on the left side and a grey and a grey/black wire on the right side. There's also a door open switch (the one that detects "door ajar") on each side at the lock actuator. The left side switch has grey/black and black wires while the right side has black/white and black wires.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry, guess that does help. It's in the driver door, the one I can't find a connection for is the grey/black and black. Would that not being connected not allow my door lock switch on the door panel to function? I wouldn't think this would be an issue. They worked before I had to replace the door.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

The locks do work now, but the radio won't shut off. From searching on here, it sounds like this connector is the culprit, but where does it go?
Old 06-24-2018, 08:25 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Both connectors should plug into the door lock separately. You will find that the radio will shut off after about 10 minutes of the ignition being shut off. It would normally also happen when a door is opened but the BCM (which controls retained accessory power) can't see the door opened because the sensor isn't connected. You could open the other door to do the same thing.

Quick Reply: Door Lock Wiring?