Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Car starts no sound from radio

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car starts no sound from radio

So I have the strangest issue, recently I did an engine install an changed the engine wire harness as well as the fuse box harness. Now here is the weird part, I turn my key to the run position and the run position an the radio comes on, I have sound from the speakers everything works as it should, however there is a small popping sound as the radio comes on, now the weird part. When I start the car the radio shuts off then comes back on but there is no sound from the speakers, even if I shut the radio completely off while the car is running an turn it back on there is still no sound but the radio is on. My radio is a pioneer avh-x3700bhs my fuse box wire harness was replaced with one from a 2002 Camaro however I have a 2002 trans-am. Someone please help! Never had this issue before. I must also mention that I had the steering wheel off to replace the clock-spring which went bad. I had the whole steering column removed but I am pretty sure I hooked everything back up under there correctly. If anyone has any knowledge of what's going on, please help. This is driving me crazy! If it helps I also have a airbag light on as well, even after I replaced the clockspring. I have no idea why, but I have a feeling the two issues I am having are linked in some way, maybe not but possible.

Last edited by blackdragonws6; 06-29-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2018, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one knows or has any ideas?

Quick Reply: Car starts no sound from radio