Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

AMP Placement help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default AMP Placement help

Hey all,

I am looking to install a new JL XD 400 or 500 Amp. My head unit is a Pioneer NEX-8200 and running cable directly to the existing speakers. Current speakers are trash, will be upgrading to C5-650's once I am happy with the amp setup. I have 3 questions for the install into my 2001 T/A WS6 'vert.

1. Best location to mount Amp? Do you yank out the old one and run new cable to it or relocate the Amp. Any pictures would be awesome.

2. Has any Mod'd their back panel to fit at set of Component Speakers (like the Front speaker setup) versus using the standard Coaxial setup?

3. Has anyone installed the Q-Forms Kick panels into a Manual car? How is the Sound quality and how is the spacing between your foot and the clutch pedal.
Old 08-22-2018, 08:37 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

1. In a convertible, the trunk is the best place for an amp.

2. The rear speakers in convertibles are already components. They look like coaxials because the tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer but the woofer and tweeter run on separate channels from the Monsoon amp.. This is the same as the door speakers in a Camaro.
Old 08-22-2018, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
1. In a convertible, the trunk is the best place for an amp.

2. The rear speakers in convertibles are already components. They look like coaxials because the tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer but the woofer and tweeter run on separate channels from the Monsoon amp.. This is the same as the door speakers in a Camaro.
Thanks for the advice. Just found out 1 of my axle is bad, AMP has to wait a month now.