Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Power Locks Only Unlock?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 08:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locks Only Unlock?

Hey all. I searched around but couldn’t find a thread anywhere that fit my issue.

When I got the car about 1~ year ago, I noticed that both driver side and passenger side lock buttons only unlock, they’ve never locked. I have to manually lock the doors by sliding the pin over. My key fob (normal GM fob) unlocks and locks the doors and works perfectly fine. It just seems like the buttons are acting goofy.

I hate electric in cars and so therefore avoid it like the plague so I’m not very versed in it. Any ideas on what it could be? To my knowledge the system hasn’t been upgraded or even tampered with. Thanks
Old 09-12-2018, 08:00 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

It is unlikely that both door switches would fail at the same time so it appears the problem is with the wiring between the switches and the BCM. The switches are simple grounding switches - when you press one way, it connects the lock trigger wire to ground and the other way connects the unlock trigger wire to ground. I would suspect that the lock trigger wire is not reaching the switches due to a loose or broken connection somewhere. The lock wire is the red/black one in the green 6-pin connector at the BCM. I would check that the wire is undamaged and properly seated in the connector.