Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

2000 Camaro SS: after market component install

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2000 Camaro SS: after market component install

I'm installing aftermarket (Kicker) components in my front doors. I got a kit that allows me to mount the tweeter/mid together.
It has a cross over with it, and I don't believe there is a factory installed cross over outside of the amp. are there 2 sets of wires and I won't need to install the cross overs or where have other people mounted their cross overs
Old 12-09-2018, 09:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't fully understand your question. But, I mounted my xovers under the dash. So I have 2 sets of wires going to the door. My tweeter is mounted in a fiberglass mount replacing the triangle panel in the front of the door. I'm not using any of the factory speaker wiring.
Old 12-10-2018, 06:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 260 Likes on 224 Posts

If you have the Monsoon system then there are separate pairs of wires for the mids and tweeters in the doors. The factory speakers are components that are mounted coaxially (the tweeter in the middle of the mid) and connected to separate channels of the Monsoon amp with its built-in signal filtering. So your new configuration is a good match for replacement.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Since you bought components, you can wire up the new tweeter to the old tweeter wires and the new mid to the old mid wires. You won't need a separate crossover since the factory setup already does that.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
Since you bought components, you can wire up the new tweeter to the old tweeter wires and the new mid to the old mid wires. You won't need a separate crossover since the factory setup already does that.
Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
If you have the Monsoon system then there are separate pairs of wires for the mids and tweeters in the doors. The factory speakers are components that are mounted coaxially (the tweeter in the middle of the mid) and connected to separate channels of the Monsoon amp with its built-in signal filtering. So your new configuration is a good match for replacement.
Boom!
Exactly what I wanted to know. I've got the kicker X-overs just chilling then. Thanks for the details guys I was debating on where to mount them, and if I don't have to that'll save me a lot of headache hopefully with the install. Thanks guys.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverJ
I'm installing aftermarket (Kicker) components in my front doors. I got a kit that allows me to mount the tweeter/mid together.
It has a cross over with it, and I don't believe there is a factory installed cross over outside of the amp. are there 2 sets of wires and I won't need to install the cross overs or where have other people mounted their cross overs
Hey, what kicker speakers are you using? I need to upgrade my speakers and if this will work instead of buying the set off of Key Audio I would love to give it a try.