Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone know where I can get a 12 disc cd changer repaired in Orlando?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know where I can get a 12 disc cd changer repaired in Orlando?

I have the Monsoon system and I thought the issue was my head unit so I swapped it out but I'm getting error code E30 which is a focus error. I think my only options are repair or replace but the few places I have called say they don't fix cd changers. One guy said I should go to best buy and replace it I have a Kenwood unit i pulled out of my jeep but like many of you I would prefer to stay stock. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know the part number for the 12 disc changer in case i have to replace the unit?
Old 03-11-2019, 01:26 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

The part number is 25679544 but it has been long discontinued by GM so you would have to find it on craigslist or ebay (or possibly in a junk yard). The changer was made by Pioneer to GM's specifications. The Monsoon head unit is not compatible with any other make or model of changer so you'll have to find an original unit or do without.
Old 03-11-2019, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

If you're not scared to get into it you can probably replace the laser lense yourself. That's assuming it's not just 2 decades of dirt and dust in there.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:14 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What's a disc changer
Old 03-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
The part number is 25679544 but it has been long discontinued by GM so you would have to find it on craigslist or ebay (or possibly in a junk yard). The changer was made by Pioneer to GM's specifications. The Monsoon head unit is not compatible with any other make or model of changer so you'll have to find an original unit or do without.
Thanks. I pretty much figured that but i looked on ebay and they have changers i just want to make sure its the right one. They are all tagged with different GM vehicles names so this will make it easier to tell if its the right part
Old 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Fuhnortoner
What's a disc changer
It's something from the future
Old 03-12-2019, 06:55 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Fergz99
Thanks. I pretty much figured that but i looked on ebay and they have changers i just want to make sure its the right one. They are all tagged with different GM vehicles names so this will make it easier to tell if its the right part
The same changer was used in many models across the entire GM product line so you may find that part number listed as being from a Buick or Oldsmobile but it will still be the right one.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Might be a stupid question but have you tried using a laser lense cleaner? It's a cd with a small brush attached that cleans crap off the lense. It may be worth a shot. I'm assuming that you already tried to play a different cd to rule out a bad disk.

Search this Thread