Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

hazard lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation hazard lights staying on

I just replaced the wiper switch and the turn signal switch, (the ones inside the steering column) on my 1994 Firebird Formula. When I reconnected the battery the hazard lights were staying on and the hazard switch wasn't engaged. Does anyone hopefully have any ideas of what i did wrong?
Old 06-03-2019, 07:56 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Moving to Stereo and Electronics.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

This could be a bad turn signal switch assembly, one of the contacts in that turn signal switch could be out of place, or the wires in the connector could be out of place.

Assuming that you had to take the wires out of the connector to snake them down the column, I would check that first and make sure they are all in the right place and that your hazards aren't getting constant current from a mis-configuration at the connector.
Old 06-03-2019, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wssix99
This could be a bad turn signal switch assembly, one of the contacts in that turn signal switch could be out of place, or the wires in the connector could be out of place.

Assuming that you had to take the wires out of the connector to snake them down the column, I would check that first and make sure they are all in the right place and that your hazards aren't getting constant current from a mis-configuration at the connector.
I got it fixed. Bad connection. Thanks