Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Adding an amp to stock 2000 Camaro Monsoon

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Adding an amp to stock 2000 Camaro Monsoon

I am looking to add an amp to my stock 2000 z28. I was planning on using a line level to rca convertor on the rear 4" hatch speakers. Does anyone know if these are filtered (ie low pass is blocked) or are they full range and my amp can low pass filter. Also, for those of you that have done this where did you run your remote lead on the amp to. I wasnt planning on opening my dash for this. is there any way I can use the connector of the CD changer for a remote amp turn on lead?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

I ran a line converter off the rears for a sub, and I am getting full range out of it, so I guess they don't have a X-over.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bigvic
I ran a line converter off the rears for a sub, and I am getting full range out of it, so I guess they don't have a X-over.

The xover is in the speakers beside the rear seats.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'd say to either get a pac oem 1 which directly connects your head unit up to have rca preouts, or i say to buy a new deck with preouts on it already. the oem 1 is about $50, where you'll pay about $25 for any ole regular LOC that will require splicing and not directly hook up. i had a number of problems with the manual line-output converters, and i definitely don't think they were worth the hassle. i don't necessarily blame it on wiring either, i just think that you are going to get better reception and sound out of a new deck.