Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

another auto window roll down question.

Old 08-30-2004, 06:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another auto window roll down question.

Ok, I know this has been asked alot, and I have gotten some good info from searching but would like to ask a few questions about it. First off I need to do the progressive door lock mod, once that is done I have the ability to take the pulse from the second click of the unlock button and use it for auto roll down. Here are my questions:

What I want to do is have both windows go down with one touch when I hit the switches inside. I also want them to roll down when I hit the fob unlock button twice, at the same time 2 more key fob hits would make them go up. Is that possible?

1-Do I need to replace the drivers side factory one touch switch with the DEI 530T?
2-Once I have the DEI 530T on the passenger side (and possibly drivers side) both windows will now go down and up with one touch of either of the inside switchs, correct?
3-Where do I go from here? How do I wire the key fob wires up so that they will put the windows down and up?

I havnt found a write up of this, but I really want to do it but dont want to go down the road if I cant accomplish it. If you can give me as much information as possible, that i dont already have then please help me.

Thanks
Fry
Old 08-30-2004, 07:23 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Received 259 Likes on 223 Posts

You only need one 530T to manage both windows. Once installed, each window will have one-touch down and one-touch up from their own switches. In other words, all the switches will work the same as from the factory except that you will also have the one-touch feature added.

I don't know of any way that the 530T can do both up and down from the same pulse source. There is a trigger wire on the module that you can connect to the leftover wire from the progressive lock mod to make the windows go up or down but you'll have to pick one or the other. Pressing the button another two times will not switch to making the windows go the other direction (at least not with normal wiring).

Also, be aware that the passenger side unlock switch still produces the same pulse as pushing the remote button twice. That means that, if you set it up to lower both windows, pushing the passenger's unlock switch will also lower the windows. You can add a relay that prevents the passenger switch from working while the ignition is ON to keep that from happening.

Last edited by WhiteBird00; 08-30-2004 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-31-2004, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just a few more questions:

1-I wont be able to push the passenger window button on the drivers door and get an auto roll down? Is that possible, becasue I really want that too?

2-If I only need one 530T then how does it control both windows? do I have to run wires from the drivers side to the module? and what does the module connect into...the door switches or motors?

Oh yeah, is this hard to do. I mean to install the 530T and do all the wiring? or is it pretty simple, cus I know that one wiring screw up can lead you into an abyss of problems.

Thanks
Fry

Last edited by frey51; 08-31-2004 at 03:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:48 AM
Ungrounded Moderator

1 - Yes, you will have one-touch up and down for the passenger's window from both the passenger's door and the driver's door switches.

2 - It is designed to handle both windows. It has all the necessary connections on the module to wire it into the car to control both sides. I haven't looked at the instructions in a long time but, if I remember correctly, you can make all of the connections on the driver's side except that only the driver's side switches (both windows) would have the one-touch feature. To activate the one-touch feature from the passenger's door switch you'll have to run a couple of wires across the car behind the dash to the passenger's door.

It is not a particularly difficult installation but you need to be careful with your connections. Double and triple check that you are connecting the correct wires and make sure the connections are solid (soldering is best) and well insulated because several of the wires carry high current levels.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:09 PM
Launching!

alright 530T has now been added to my shopping list... anybody have any ideas on wiring it so the first double push rolls 'em down and the second rolls em up?
Old 08-31-2004, 02:21 PM
TECH Addict

What about this one?? whats needed for this one progressive door lock mod
Old 08-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Ungrounded Moderator

Originally Posted by Bad Black SS
What about this one?? whats needed for this one progressive door lock mod
?????
Old 09-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Launching!

search around about the progressive door lock mod. Its simply cutting a wire and splicing it to another, very easy, very nice to not have to hit the button twice.

Search this Thread