Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Anyone ever changed tach lighting?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 07:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone ever changed tach lighting?

I've got an autometer sport-comp silver tach in the car now. It just kinda stands out as the only solid white light in there. Has anyone ever replaced the bulb with a different colored one? Or maybe one of those little bulb slip-on things? Heck I havent looked close yet, can you even get to it?
Old 09-07-2004, 10:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdman7389
I've got an autometer sport-comp silver tach in the car now. It just kinda stands out as the only solid white light in there. Has anyone ever replaced the bulb with a different colored one? Or maybe one of those little bulb slip-on things? Heck I havent looked close yet, can you even get to it?
next time look first.
right next to the **** for setting the shift point is a little square shaped peice that simply twist off to reveil the light the tach came new with a red and green slip cover to add a diff shade of light. the bulb is also very common and can be switched witha diff colored one.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for taking time to respond, even though the soultion was simple to you. I was not near my car when I thought of the question.....thanks again

Chris
Old 09-09-2004, 02:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Birdman7389
Thanks for taking time to respond, even though the soultion was simple to you. I was not near my car when I thought of the question.....thanks again

Chris
no problem, i hope it helped