Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

wiring question

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 07:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wiring question

i am going to be installing aftermarket front speakers amp and sub. What all do i need for wiring, i know there are plenty of kits on the internet but who has the best and will i need anything else to install, specifically the amp.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Need to know a little bit more about the setup. How many channels is the amp? Do you plan on using the factory amp for the small speakers?
Old 09-22-2004, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

As a simple example, you'll need a power and ground wire for the amp, remote turn on lead for the amp, and speaker wires for the sub and any speakers that the amp will power. knukonceptz.com has great wires, but as 2much said, without more info there's no telling what you could need.
Old 10-13-2004, 03:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Im buying pioneer front speakers that will be powered by 2 channels of a 4 channel rockford fosgate amp, the remaining 2 channels will power a "10 rockford fosgate sub, as far as I can tell from the research i have done it basically works like this.

Other than the necessary wires to power the headunit,(i have an aftermark pioneer hu by the way) I will need RCA cables to bring the sound to the amp which will need a power wiring from the battery and a ground wire, the amp allready has a remote bass control. Then the amp will be used to provide the sound to both speakers and the sub, will the amp also be what powers the speakers and sub or do they need their own wires?

Am i getting it about right or am I all messed up?
Old 10-13-2004, 03:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh yeah and what gauge wiring do i need for 100watts per speaker and 400 watts to the sub? Im thinking about 4 gauge would be good for everything
Old 10-13-2004, 06:31 AM
TECH Resident

www.knukonceptz.com has some decent wiring kits for a good price. I'd recommend the 4 gauge wiring kit: http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDe...?prodID=KOLAK4