Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Not really car electronics but...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not really car electronics but...

I didnt know were else to ask! I have a legacy 7.2 inch LCD screen that use to be in my car. Now I took it out and want to put it in my office room and connect the screen to my cable antenna source(regular cable wire) and power the screen via a electrical outlet. Anyone know how to do this? what i need ect? Thanks and sorry for posting this here.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Resident

Is it like this?: http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/l7m.html
If so, I would buy a 120v AC to 12v DC transformer from Radioshack for power, then using a cable box to convert the coax cable input, then the RCA (yellow) video output of it to feed the screen. I believe that should work.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Snootch
Is it like this?: http://www.sjgreatdeals.com/l7m.html
If so, I would buy a 120v AC to 12v DC transformer from Radioshack for power, then using a cable box to convert the coax cable input, then the RCA (yellow) video output of it to feed the screen. I believe that should work.
yea its exaclty like that. I can power the thing myself probably but just gettting the screen to accept a coax cable input. The connector it has now looks like a mini s-video connector.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:13 PM
TECH Resident

Have you had the screen since it was new? I think the mini-svideo connector is the signal input, where a mating plug that comes with the screen converts that to a female RCA video connector. If you don't have that plug, you need to get it.